Depending on your client’s interests, sifting through the best places to visit in South America is challenging for most Travel Agencies. Nevertheless, Peru will almost always make the shortlist of options, regardless of your client’s particular interests and/or preferences. Why? One of the biggest reasons Peru is worth a visit and a perfect fit for most, if not all, travelers is its near-perfect assortment and balance of great sites, activities, and delights that cater to nearly every traveler.
As a result, Travel Agencies often dub Peru the “one-size-fits-all” premier destination among South America’s wealth of distinct countries.
What are the biggest reasons for visiting Peru?
- Peruvian People: Peruvian’s heartwarming appreciation for their history and surroundings will make it easier for any traveler to leave Peru with a smile. Peruvians take immense pride in their roots, with many current-day indigenous tribes still showcasing and commemorating several aspects of their rich ancestry. Locals throughout the country are courteous and always willing to help newcomers.
- Impressive Archeology & Ruins: Magical sites and rich, ancient history abound in Peru, the crown jewel amongst them being postcard-worthy Machu Picchu. If you have clients looking to delve into the fascinating human history of our planet personally, then be sure to mark this down as one of the biggest reasons to visit Peru.
- Exquisite Food: If adding some pizazz to their taste buds is what your clients want to pepper their Peru experience with, then take advantage of the opportunity to mention the wide assortment of flavors revamped and combined with traditional recipes. Lima is the most renowned hotspot for this gastronomic scene and is an excellent place for food enthusiasts to explore Peru’s culinary landscape.
- Adventure Sports & Activities: Clients wondering why they should visit Peru, even if they’re not interested in the historical or culinary side of the nation, won’t be left empty-handed. If they choose to venture this far south, hiking, trekking, mountain biking, surfing, and paragliding are just a taste of some awaiting activities. From the Andes to the coast, adventurers will find ample opportunities and places to have fun.
- Majestic Landscapes & Nature: From the sweeping mountains and canyons of the Sacred Valley to the sunbathed beaches of the Pacific coast, all the way to the lush and lively depths of the Amazon rainforest, your clients will be left in awe with Peru’s regions and their magnitude of biodiversity, all within a territory that’s easy to travel to and from.
- Connectivity: One of the less known but by no means less important reasons to visit Peru is that it’s a primary international gateway into the rest of South America, with Lima functioning as the central hub on the Pacific side of the continent.
Why is culinary tourism a must when visiting Peru?
Travelers from around the world often come to Peru in search of its eclectic and mouthwatering selection of culinary influences that have converged in a single place. From long-lasting culinary traditions by the Incas to a new and modern dash of Spanish, African, Chinese, Japanese, and Italian influences, culinary tourism in Peru stands out as an outstanding feature of the country. This incomparable medley of unique takes on food come together in Peru (specifically Lima) to offer travelers from around the world a burst of novelty and excitement across their taste buds, making this one of the most popular reasons to visit Peru.
As a result, it’s no wonder that Peru has been named World’s Leading Culinary Destination in the World Travel Awards for the last five years. Keep an eye out for traditional dishes—like ceviche, lomo saltado, anticuchos, and causa—that are just a few of the most emblematic of Peru’s plates, many of which have been given a unique and modern twist. Extra points if you top any (or all) of them off with some Pisco!
By exploring Peru’s fantastic food, your clients will gain insight into the country’s culture, history, and local way of life. This offers you the fantastic chance to hit two targets with a single arrow when preparing for your trip!
Why is Peru a premier destination for those interested in history and culture?
Unsurprisingly, one of the most frequent reasons why many choose to visit Peru is due to its 5,000+ years of human history. The best part is that the mere act of experiencing history can often be found and admired around nearly every corner of the nation’s cities and towns! Many of these urban centers have grown tremendously with the onset of Spanish colonization and, in some instances, have even been built atop the foundations of former Inca structures. A number of both colonial- and Inca-era structures are still present in major cities such as Lima, Cuzco, and Arequipa.
Fascinating ruins and ancient cities abound in the form of Machu Picchu, Chan Chan, the Royal Tombs of Sipan, and the epic Nazca Lines. Glorious museums house and showcase the country’s rich history, with a wealth of art and artifacts from the country’s various cultures.
Having been the home of various advanced civilizations, the most famous being the Inca Empire, Peru never fails to intrigue travelers from afar with its wealth of history and the culture that it has brought forth. Such culture can be found in the grand variety of indigenous groups Peru is still home to, along with those communities that have stemmed from Spanish colonizers and immigrant groups from Africa, China, Japan, and Europe. Every bit of Peru’s food, music, art, customs, and traditional festivals features an element of all these people.
Travel Agencies should consider Peru, the top contender for South America’s premier destination. Its diverse attractions—from rich history and culture to magnificent landscapes and a world-renowned culinary scene—cater to every traveler’s preference. With a remarkable blend of past and present, Peru provides a unique and fulfilling experience, making it a perfect choice for all clients. This ‘one-size-fits-all’ destination is truly unmatched in the richness it offers to visitors.